Tuesday, April 30, 2013

There's a light ...

When my husband and I were planning our "wedding" we wanted to pick a special song to play as we entered the ceremony. It just so happened that during the months working up to our special day, one of favorite bands came out with a new album. It seemed to be the soundtrack of our life for a couple of months and there was a particular song that described so much of what we felt about entering a new part of our lives together that we decided to make it part of the ceremony. 
We don't listen to that album as much anymore but when we do, I smile and remember how important the words are to me. 
I heard this song on the radio the other day ... they never play it on the radio, so I took it as a sign.

 
If you feel like singing a song
And you want other people to sing along
Just sing what you feel
Don't let anyone say it's wrong

And if you're trying to paint a picture
But you're not sure which colors belong
Just paint what you see
Don't let anyone say it's wrong

I took it as a sign to wallow in the feeling that the lyrics and melody inspired. Luckily that feeling lingered long after the song was over and I continued my day with a smile and a recharged confidence in myself and paths I have traveled ... and an optimism to all the journies ahead.

I am including a Zendala I just finished that seemed to speak these thoughts to me and also a tile my Mom did a while back that I just loved so much that she gave it to me. I have had it on my refrigerator for over a year and every time I see it ... it just makes me refocus for a moment. 


 



Because there's a light (what light)
Inside of you


Smiles,
Molly 


3 comments:

  1. beautiful tiles and a lovely story to share

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly this is beautiful inspiration. Thanks for sharing the song, the tiles and your insight. You have brightened my day :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love both tiles. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete